Crazy About Gymnastics!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Introduce Yourself!

3 posters

Go down

Introduce Yourself! Empty Introduce Yourself!

Post  Admin Tue Aug 26, 2008 9:37 pm

So...

what age were you when you started gym?

what age are you now?

what skills can you do?

have you won many medals?
Admin
Admin
Admin

https://gymcrazy.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Introduce Yourself! Empty Re: Introduce Yourself!

Post  Jimser Wed Aug 27, 2008 2:02 pm

Hey!!

I started when I was 6. I was in the Recreational class for a week and was asked to move up to the competition class. it was really scary coz all the other girls seemed so much bigger!

I'm 21 (nearly 22 Crying or Very sad ) now, I had to stop competitive training when I was 17 because I had a bad foot injury, which I only really got sorted within the last 2 years..I started doing adult training when I was about 19 or 20, absolutely loved it but had to stop in October because I hurt m back quite badly! Crying or Very sad

What skills can I do? All sorts of things, floor is my favourite to do though. I have my twisting somersaults on floor, layout, all that kinda stuff.

Has anyone ever had any bad injuries?

J Very Happy

Jimser

Back to top Go down

Post  raineydaze Wed Aug 27, 2008 10:05 pm

Hi! Very Happy
I did gymnastics on and off when I was little, but I got into it more seriously when I was 10. I stopped when I was 14. I was the worst gymnast ever! I was too tall and too flexible (sounds weird, but being too flexible meant I had no power and got hurt easily). I should have done rhythmic, but my gym didn't have a program for that! I was best at beam. I didn't have the power for vault or floor, and my wrists couldn't handle bars. But on beam, I could do all of the scales and really nice leaps/walkovers with great extension.
I'm 27 now and I still love gymnastics, but I don't do much of it anymore. I can still do my back bends and splits though!

raineydaze

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum