Crazy About Gymnastics!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Who are your favorite gymnasts, past and present?

2 posters

Go down

Who are your favorite gymnasts, past and present? Empty Who are your favorite gymnasts, past and present?

Post  raineydaze Wed Aug 27, 2008 10:31 pm

As per the title, who are your favorite gymnasts past and present?
Right now, I like Nastia Liukin, Anna Pavlova, Ksenia Semyonova, and Jiang Yuanyuan. There is also an American junior gymnast coming up - Samantha Shapiro - who I like very much. Her form is beautiful!

As for past gymnasts, I really like the Soviet greats: Elena Mukhina, Olga Mostepanova, Natalia Ilienko, Oksana Omelianchik, and Svetlana Boginskaya. But I think my favorite was the Romanian gymnast Daniela Silivas. In the 1990s, I loved Shannon Miller. 1992 was the Olympics that got me officially hooked on gymnastics!

raineydaze

Back to top Go down

Who are your favorite gymnasts, past and present? Empty Re: Who are your favorite gymnasts, past and present?

Post  Jimser Thu Aug 28, 2008 12:09 am

Oh god! SO hard to choose!

I really only know from Atlanta '96 onwards but my past favorites would be Lilia Podkopayeva (always loved her floor), loved Svetlana Khorkinas bars, Gina Gogean, Catalina Ponar was also fab on beam in Sydney

I would've loved to have been around at the time to watch Olga Korbut, Mary Lou Retton and Nadia Comaneci!

Jimser

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum